This is your chance to get involved!
Help your school raise money for your music, chorus, band, and strings programs – and have a great time running with your friends on race day!
All you need to do is speak to your parents and teachers about registering your school and then get a group of friends together to –
RUN AS A GROUP!
Remember to have your Teacher register your school as a Team (you’ll need at least 10 classmates, parents, or teachers on the Team) and then pick your school from the listing on the registration entry form (also available via secure online registration). If you need paper entry forms for your teacher to hand out in school, just ask them to please email the Miles for Music office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AND THEN, TRAIN FOR RACE DAY:
- Wear running shoes or sneakers and socks. Proper footwear helps prevent foot problems.
- Run/walk with a friend. You can encourage each other that way. Talk while you run/walk, you can maintain the perfect pace that way.
- Warm up. Get your blood pumping and body ready to run – jumping jacks, high knees, short sprints are all great warm up drills.
- Drink lots of water after you run and throughout the day. Water helps muscles do their work.
- Get plenty of sleep. Your muscles need lots of rest so you can keep running/walking every day.
- Eat a well-balanced diet including lots of protein and carbohydrates. Your body needs fuel to do its work!
RACE DAY: LOOK FORWARD TO – VICTORY!
The Kids Victory Recovery Area will be located at the Finish Line. You will receive your space blanket and water as you cross the finish line and will then proceed through the finisher chute to the Victory Recovery area where you will receive your finisher medal and Goody Bag containing a finisher certificate & a special prize, as well as refreshments.
WHAT IS THE COST…
$15 for each 1 Miler registrant
$25 for each 5K registrant
HOW TO GET REGISTERED FOR RACE DAY…
If your school is listed as a Miles for Music participating school (check the list of registered schools here), check with your teacher to see if they have mail-in applications available, or ask your parents to help you to register using our secure online registration.
If your school is not listed as a Miles for Music school, you can still come out and enjoy Race Day. Simply check with your parents and then register using our secure online registration.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After we receive your completed entry form and fee, you will receive a confirmation of your registration. Instructions about picking up your race bib/number on race day will be included.
Q – How does my school become a Miles for Music school?
A – Miles for Music is available to all schools within New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. If your school is not listed, please fill out the School Request Form and we will contact you with further information.
Q – Who should register our school?
A – One Miles for Music Lead Teacher from each school is designated as the point person for each school and is responsible for maintaining the school’s team.